Become a Member
The deadline for Membership and Studio Tour Applications is March 18, 2017.
Why Join the CAG?
Benefits of membership in the Chatham Artists Guild include:
• connect with other artists for the purpose of sharing knowledge and skills
• have an artist’s page on the CAG website
• participate in the Guild Studio Tour and other exhibits at community venues
Who Can Join the CAG?
The requirements and responsibilities of each Guild member include:
• must be a professional working artist or crafts person 18 years of age or older,
• must have a working studio located within Chatham County, and
• must be willing to assume the responsibilities of a Guild member:
• actively participating in Guild activities and committees,
• making a meaningful contribution to the Guild Purpose and Mission,
• attending Guild member meetings (approximately 2 yearly),
• serving on the Guild Board for a 3-year rotation, and
• ensuring the integrity and currency of your website information and images.
How Can I Join the CAG?
The deadline for Membership and Studio Tour Application is March 18, 2017.
Complete the online membership application and pay the application fee online via PayPal or credit card OR mail dues in to the address given in the application.
New Member applicants will be charged a $20 application fee. Upon acceptance to the Guild, an annual membership dues must be paid ($50 for working members who serve on a committee, $100 for non-working members who do not serve on a committee). Membership is from January to January.
Returning Guild Members will also be charged an annual membership dues ($50 for working members who serve on a committee, $100 for non-working members who do not serve on a committee). Members can maintain their Active Status and apply as a “Returning Guild Member” either by participation in the annual Studio Tour OR other Guild-sponsored exhibits. After two years of non-participation, members need to be re-juried.
New Member Selection criteria
(applications are made anonymous to the jury to promote fairness):
• Quality: The artist demonstrates technical proficiency in the chosen medium and has a consistent body of work.
• Clarity of vision/artistic direction: The artist’s work demonstrates creativity and vision.
• Presentation: Includes the quality of the digital images submitted. Note: A professional image is evenly lit, and shows the work to its best advantage without background distractions or display props